Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Last reads of 2025

Hi Bookworms,

Today rest of books I read in 2025, but didn't mention before. List by amount of stars given:

5 stars


Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafon -  beautiful, sad book.

4.5 stars

Classic Tales of Vampires and Shapeshifters by edition of Tig Thomas -  good compilation, I enjoyed it.

4 stars

Witchshadow by Susan Dennard - book 4 of Witchlands - I enjoyed it.

Death in the Clouds by Agatha Christie - book 12 Poirot -  solid read, I liked it.



The safety of the Realm by Richard Dee - book 2 The Orphan Detectives -  steampunk story, good read for young readers of genre.

Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie - Poirot book 18 - good one.



The Lord of Stariel and The Prince of Secrets by A. J. Lancaster - Stariel books 1 and 2 - enjoyable reads, interesting characters, good development of story.

The Honjin Murders by Seishi Yokomizo, book 1 of Detective Kosuke Kindaichi - fast, nicely written crime story.

The secrets of Rochester Place by Iris Costello -  really good read, possibly even more than 4 stars.



Blood on the Strand by Susanna Gregory -  book 2 of Thomas Chaloner series - good crime/historical fiction.

Below 4 stars


The Prisoner's Throne by Holly Black - 3.75 stars - I liked first book better, seems missing something.

The King's Revenge by Don Jordan - 3.75stars -  interesting, but few mistakes there.

Lady Friday by Garth Nix -  book 5 in The Keys to the Kingdom series - 3.5 stars  - could be better.

The Essex serpent by Sarah Perry - 3.5 stars - not bad really.

And that's all for today...




No comments:

Post a Comment